The best homemade chilli sauce ever!!!!!
This versatile black chilli sauce originated from the Ga tribe in Ghana West Africa. It is mostly used to complement foods such as the ever popular waakye, Kenkey with fish, steamed or boiled rice, yams and potatoes etc.
“Shito” meaning chilli or pepper consists of onions, ginger, garlic, shrimps (crustaceans), crushed or powdered peppers, dried fish, herbs and spices as well as salt to taste.
The strength of Shito chilli sauce ranges from mild, hot to extra hot. Depending on your palate and how much hotness you can endure.
1. 5 medium sized red onions
2. 1 large size ginger
3. 70g of shrimps
4. Dried fish 50g (optional)
5. 4 garlic clove6. Cooking oil
7. Spices and salt
Quick Shito recipe!
1. Blend onions, ginger, garlic, shrimp and peppers together
2. Heat oil in a pan. The oil can be vegetable, sunflower or better still coconut oil. It doesn’t matter really.
3. Pour the mixture into the oil. Stirring often till the mixture caramelises. Add spices and salt to taste!
The brand “Shito Wura” makes the best and the tastiest homemade chilli sauce here in the United Kingdom. The best part of it all is that, they use organic ingredients which they source from whole foods UK.
To make a purchase, click on the link below to purchase on Ebay.